Deep tissue laser therapy is becoming increasingly popular because of its ability to help reduce both inflammation and pain. If you have yet to experience the power of this form of therapy, here are a few things you should know:
- Laser therapy reduces pain and inflammation without any undesirable side effects, which sets it apart from medications. This is possible through the unique process during which an interaction triggers a biological cascade of events that results in an increase in cellular metabolism, decreasing your pain and inflammation levels. In addition to no side effects, patients will also experience results that are long lasting and not just temporary. The number of treatments will vary depending on the condition the patient is suffering from but most people will notice relief in as little as two treatments.
- This form of therapy can also be used for acute and chronic conditions and is often used to help restore the patient’s body back to normal so that it can function while combating persistent pain. Not only will deep tissue laser therapy help with chronic pain, it will restore your body a lot faster, meaning you will experience effective results fast. This is because a wider area can be treated and doctors can deliver dosages that are therapeutically relevant based on the condition and the severity of it.
- Treatments can be customized, which is great because every patient is different and not all conditions are the same. There are lasers that offer larger power ranges that can be used for versatile treatment options and the doctor or clinician has the flexibility to treat low or at maximum output, depending on what is needed. The different treatment heads is another element that sets this therapy apart because the different delivery options means it can be used for a variety of scenarios, all of which will benefit from laser therapy.
- There is no pain associated with this form of treatment and many would even say that it feels good. You may experience little to no sensation or perhaps a gentle, soothing warmth. The experience is particularly enjoyable when a massage ball head is used because it will feel like a laser massage. Even the higher power lasers do not cause pain.
- Treatments are fast because the lasers are capable of delivering a lot of energy in a short amount of time. If you have a hectic schedule, this treatment is the answer because it’s fast and effective.
If you’re interested in this form of treatment, contact Oshawa Chiropractic & Physiotherapy Wellness Centre for more information. For an experienced and professional chiropractor or effective massage therapy in the Oshawa area, call to schedule an appointment today!